Diabolique Ball Dress Code
Diabolique Ball is famous for its strict dress code of Fetish, Fantasy, and Formal. If you don’t arrive wearing the appropriate attire, our fabulous and fierce Fashion Police will require that you strip down to your intimates or you will be turned away at the door. The Fashion Police are the final authority on what is permitted in the event, so who you know will not get you in if you do not comply with the mandatory dress code.
There are three tiers to the Dress Code: Theme Specific (which changes yearly), Tried and True, and Never Permitted. A copy of the Dress Code can be found here on the Diabolique website, posted at the event, or with Fashion Police volunteers. The Diabolique Foundation kindly asks all patrons to please consider matters of good taste when choosing your outfit so that all our guests can feel comfortable and have fun!
Not sure what to wear or want an official ruling before the event? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions and advice prior to show time!
Each year’s theme always lends itself to lots of costuming ideas, from the simple to the extravagant. It doesn’t have to be difficult to find clothing that meets our standards, especially if you shop at our sponsor stores PASSIONAL Boutique, Delicious Boutique, Briar, and/or Philadelphia AIDS Thrift.
Changing area and clothing check are available at the entrance to the Ball.
Tried & True
- -Thongs, g-strings, jockstraps, loincloths, etc. but genitals must be covered at all times
- -Pasties or electrical tape over nipples
- -Formalwear including: tuxedos, gowns, Historical military dress uniforms— this is a “black tie” event. Suits are only permitted if for drag (Dress it up, or we dress you down. Consider yourselves warned!)
- -Fetish wear including: latex, vinyl, leather, pleather, etc.
- -Scene and club wear including: Goth, Cyber, Industrial, Vampire, Neo-Victorian, etc.
- -Drag and other cross-dressing (Ladies wearing your mans suit does not count. Add a beard and balls and now we are talking! Gents we want RuPaul not Flip Wilson. Step it up for charity)
- -Lingerie, corsets, fishnet, body stockings
- -Saran wrap, fashion tape, bondage tape
- -Adult Baby and other ageplay attire
- -Full-body paint or makeup
- -Bondage gear, straitjackets, etc.
- -Human Pony tack, puppy accessories, fursuits, etc.
Theme Specific – MYTHS & MYSTERIES
Shed modern worldly stresses and devote your self to the Old Gods. Adorn your bodily alter with precious metals and jewels befitted of the god Ra. Work up a sweaty lather with your writhing bodies as if drenched by the rain goddess Tefnut. Wear your claws and fur with pride as you worship the Ixchel. Don your gleaming amour and mail that would make Thor and Odin jealous. And help throw such a Lavious event that even Amaterasu would be tempted from her cave to join in the festivities and set our night alight. Greek Gods and Goddesses are only the tip of the Panethon of pagan delights that will be invoked on the dance floor. Many will speak in tongues as they are at the shrine of the holy dungeon.
- -Exposed “female” nipples
- -Exposed genitals Or anus
- -Sneakers of any brand or color (black reeboks are SO not allowed!)
- -No Uggs
- -Cotton tee shirts
- -Athletic shorts or jerseys
- -Baseball hats or caps
- -Offensive And racist symbols (KKK, swastikas, etc.)
- -Weapons of any kind, whether fake or real
- -Jeans are NEVER permitted unless worn under chaps. (Do not try and argue about them being black, denim is denim!)
Questions? Please e-mail our Fashion Police Coordinator at email@example.com
Diabolique Ball Rules and Etiquette
- -No PHOTOS allowed, this includes SELFIES, too. Refusal to follow this rule will result in being removed from the Ball and all images must be deleted. Our Ball is a safe environment for everyone’s privacy. Taking a photo at the Ball is considered to be a violation of CONSENT and an ASSAULT of ones privacy. (Staff have the right to inspect photographic devices if you take pictures. Staff will supervise picture deletion.)
- -If you want a photo to remember the Ball, there are EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS. They are the only ones permitted to take photos. If you want a selfie, take it at home.
- -If you do not want your photo taken by anyone, including EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS, we have special wrist bands for you to wear. Just ask at the entrance for one.
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT:
- -Nipples and Genitals must be covered at ALL TIMES, this is a STATE LAW. Failure to comply will be governed at the discretion of the event staff and venue staff. Continued non-compliance will result in removal from the Ball.
- -FOOTWEAR must be worn at all times on the the dance floor and in other common areas.
- -All Firearms, Firearm Replicas, Sharp Weapons or Replica Weapons are BANNED from the Ball.
- -Any object, substance, gas, or liquid illegal in the United States, the state of Pennsylvania, or the city of Philadelphia is ILLEGAL at this event, too.
- -The Organizers and the Venue take no responsibility for any injury, damage, or loss sustained during the Ball
- -All racist, homophobic, culturally insensitive images, signs, and/or clothing are BANNED from the Ball. The venue and event organizers reserve the right to determine if in violation.
- -The Diabolique Ball and Venue expect all guests to behave in a reasonable and courteous manner. Frequent refusal to do so will result in removal from the Ball. The Ball Organizers and Venue reserve the right to determine if behavior is negatively impacting the event and event guests.
PLAY AND DUNGEON RULES OF CONDUCT:
- -We reserve the right to declare any toy, implement, object, or practice as unwise or prohibited at the event.
- -All play MUST be consensual.
- -All Fire Play is prohibited due to fire codes of the venue.
- -The Dungeon Monitors’ (DM) word is LAW and FINAL.
- -Sex, oral sex, intercourse, and/or penetration is PROHIBITED, this is the law.
- -Bodily fluids (blood, saliva, etc.) may not leave the body.
- -If you are visibly intoxicated and/or impaired by any substance, you will not be allowed to engage in any play and/or scenes. If behavior is deemed negatively impacting other guests playing you will be asked to leave the space and possibly the Ball.
- -Do not move the furniture or set up your own furniture.
- -Do not interact with people who are in a scene unless they approach you first.
- -Give people time to engage in aftercare after a scene before you interact with them.
- -Please clean up after yourselves. Cleaning supplies are available.
- -Do not monopolize the equipment.
- -Do not walk through ongoing scenes.